Monday, April 9, 2012

Class #1

In the first class I learned that most of the programs that we found online can do the same things that the programs we already have on our computers can. The programs on our computers can do the same things easier and do more with one program. Also most of the programs we found cost something to get the finished product.

When I went on web2.0 I played with Anybeat which is suppose to help you connect with yours and other communities but it just seemed like a different version of pinterest or maybe pinterest in another version of Anybeat that has just done better. I am sure that I could put it to use in my classroom though. Since there are different categories like reading and health and politics I can read through some the articles and possibly use them to inspire any lessons to teach my kids of any age in different subject areas.

I think there are options with some of those websites in the class room. I can give my older students the task of designing their own web page that would highlight a book or science project or even a budgeting lesson by designing a vacation on a budget and then use the website design to advertise the trip.

Most of the websites I did find in web2.0 didn't seem like they quite had a place in a classroom to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment