Tuesday, May 15, 2012

iPad = iLike

I like the iPads.
There is so much potential in all the apps for students to explore and learn things through experience that I may not always have time to teach them.
The potential for fun is also fantastically overwhelming.


I am not sure yet if it would be easy for me personally to integrate iPads into my classroom setting and my lessons on a regular basis just because it is something that I am not used to but they are definitely worth having around just as an opportunity for students to be creative and explore different things.


I know that garage band would entertain me for hours just trying to see how all the different instruments sound and how they work and how to make two instruments sound good together, maybe I would even graduate up to making some sort of melody come out of all that exploration.


Since I know there are educational apps for the iPad I can only imagine what students might learn just being able to explore and learn by experiencing.


I also LOVE the smart board! The possibilities for use in the classroom as an important aid are endless. I can see using them even in a kindergarten classroom because then I can put all kinds of pictures and manipulatives on the board for them to play with and they would get the biggest kick out of it. I also see all the possibilities with the older students like the 5th graders I am with now because you don't necessarily have to erase anything you do and the students can look back at something you did in the morning and you can save things that they did on the board to use later.


Oh the possibilities that technology proves us if we are willing to explore them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment