Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Websites - Real or Fake?

It was really interesting to figure out if my website was real or fake. I determined that it was a real person writing a fake story with a minor amount of truth in it. 
The Dead Grandma Syndrome was very interesting because it was probably based in some amount of truth but the attitude of the voice of the professor in the article told me that it was fake.

The things we talked about in class about recognizing whether or not a website is real and reputable are definitely things I will need to teach my older students in the classroom. The more they learn early on about using proper websites the better off they will be as they continue to move forward with their schooling.

For my younger students I think I will just limit the websites they use to a few that I know will have enough information for any project that they will be doing, that way they will start out with the knowledge of what a proper website looks like and they won't have any trouble getting all their information.

No comments:

Post a Comment